- Casemaker Libra
CLICK ON THE LINKS AT THE LEFT TO SWITCH TO A SPECIFIC PUBLISHER or ENTER A SEARCH ABOVE.Casemaker Libra is an online, searchable library of treatises, practice guides, coursebooks, deskbooks, and continuing legal education (CLE) materials collected from professional associations and other sources (collectively referred to as "publishers"), and linked directly to our Casemaker research system. Now as you search our primary law collections on Casemaker, you may access secondary materials related to your search as well.
Access to Casemaker Libra is by annual subscription. (No physical, print publications will be delivered.) The following subscription options are available:
- The "All-Publications" collection containing all material in a particular publisher's library
- Practice area-specific collections within a publisher's library
- An individual publication in a publisher's collection
A subscription to an "All-Publications" collection includes online access to all supplements, new editions, new titles, and selected CLE course materials released by a publisher during the term of the subscription. A practice area subscription includes online access to the aforementioned materials pertaining to that practice area released by a publisher during the term of the subscription.
All books and materials have been enhanced with links to Casemaker to official citations for cases, statutes, acts, administrative codes, etc. Full-text searching is available across Casemaker databases and all publications included in your Casemaker Libra subscription.
Users without access to Casemaker via a bar membership or private subscription will still be able to view the Casemaker document associated with a linked citation in Libra. In other words, you need not be a Casemaker user to be a Libra user and still access citation links to Casemaker. Casemaker users, however, have the following advantages:
- leased books are made available in Casemaker via the 'My Libra Books' page
- searches on Casemaker include results from your leased books as well as all Libra books
- citation links from Libra to Casemaker result in full access to all Casemaker features (non-Casemaker users can only view the single document requested)
Questions or comments? Email Casemaker Customer Support or call 1-844-838-0790.